BioTherm Energy is Africa’s Leading Independent Power Producer (IPP) with 132 MW of solar projects in operations and 253 MW of wind projects in construction in South Africa and Kenya. Backed by the world’s leading emerging markets investor Actis, BioTherm Energy develops, owns, and operates wind and solar projects across the African continent.
The business has faced the following challenges relating to its IT systems:
- Limited functionality and high Total Cost of Ownership of current IT systems.
- Outgrown current technology platform which is prone to risk.
- Monthly/Annual Close Processes are time-consuming.
- Onerous financial reporting and consolidation processes.
- Disparate systems in place (no single source of truth).
- Poor infrastructure and support costs.
- The solution will scale with the business.
- A unified and integrated platform that will help to manage multi-company, multi-country, and multi-currencies.
- The modern ERP will run all business processes and replace the current legacy systems.
- Enhanced financial period close process, financial reporting, and consolidation.
- Reduces the use of manually intensive processes within the business.
- Deploying a cloud-based system helps to cut on IT costs and risks.
- Linked has more than 40 years of ERP experience and a proven track record of designing solutions and implement best-in-class technology to automate manual tasks, streamline business processes, and improve visibility.
- Linked has local and global enterprise systems experience ranging from small to multi-national scale.
- Proven implementation methodology built on a strong foundation of customer-centricity and digital transformation.
“BioTherm Energy is a complex group which requires an ERP that is able to seamlessly manage the nuances of the business. NetSuite demonstrated its ability to meet our growing needs across geographies to improve speed to financial close, controls across workstreams, and drive meaningful insights.
Linked was selected as the implementation partner due to their solid reputation and hands-on approach. Linked worked confidently with our project leads Panashe Moyo and Nosipho Thwala to achieve this remarkable milestone” said Julian Johnson, Chief Financial Officer, BioTherm Energy.
Kudos to the BioTherm Energy and Linked teams that worked tirelessly to ensure the project went live successfully.